Eye problems in children
Myopia, astigmatism and hyperopia are very common eye problems in our society, which are usually diagnosed in childhood. The American Academy of Ophthalmology insists that early detection and treatment of vision problems can prevent the progression of vision loss and prevent disease.
See an ophthalmologist if your child:
• sit very close to the television;
• complains of a headache and tired eyes;
• write with the face glued to the paper;
• has difficulties when reading from a distance;
• squints to see something that is far away;
• loses interest in reading and studying;
• has difficulty running and his movements are clumsy.
In children, early detection is crucial in eye problems.