Tips for safe makeup around your eyes
It is important to protect your eyes when wearing makeup, so we share some steps to guarantee the care of your eyes:
If you have doubts about your routine regarding the use of cosmetics, or if you have an eye condition that may require special care, consult your ophthalmologist.
• Only use cosmetics if they are designed to be applied around the eyes. Avoid products that contain unapproved chemicals or irritants.
• Discard makeup after three months of opening and get new ones. Infection-causing bacteria easily grow in creamy or liquid eye makeup.
• If you have an eye infection, such as a red eye, immediately discard eye makeup products, and apply products to this area until the infection is gone.
• Don't share makeup products, even with family members or close friends.
• Before buying makeup at the store, use only new applicators and samples that have not been contaminated by other people. The safest choice is to avoid in-store displays anyway.
When applying makeup, remember to take these steps into account when caring for your eyes.